The annual Bruce Trail Day is Sunday, September 30, 2012 and it celebrates Canada’s oldest and longest footpath. Each Bruce Trail Club will host a free-guided hike and family activities. Did you know, the Bruce Trail was first started 50 years ago?
If you’ve always wanted to learn more about the Bruce Trail and give a hike or two a go, then this is a perfect way to get started. Here’s a list locations with Bruce Trail Day 2012 events (from south to north).
Bruce Trail Day 2012 Events
- Niagara College (Niagara-on-the-lake Campus)
- Kerncliff Park (Burlington)
- Terra Cotta Conservation Area (Halton Hills, NW of Georgetown)
[FREE shuttle bus from Toronto to Bruce Trail Day at Terra Cotta]
- Limehouse (Halton Hills, W of Georgewtown)
- Forks of the Credit Provincial Park (Caledon, S of Orangeville)
- Mono Cliffs Provincial Park (Mono, NE of Orangeville)
- Blue Mountain (Blue Mountains, W of Collingwood)
- Epping – John Muir Lookout (Epping, SW of Collingwood)
- Lindenwood (NW of Owen Sound)
- Dyer’s Bay (Bruce Peninsula, between Lion’s Head and Tobermory)